Extrusion of mesh is a process in which liquid plastic is extruded through small openings in rotating round molds. The threads that are created fall over each other and make a tubular mesh which is stretched, cooled in water, cut open and stabilized. The extrusion process creates a mesh structure in which the threads (strands) lay above eachother. This contrary to a woven cloth in which the threads are woven over and under eachother.
- as support net/mesh for membranes
- as feed spacer in reverse osmosis filters
- as PBT (Polybutylene Terephthalate) mesh in fuel filters (100% recyclable when put together with polyester non-woven mesh)
- as protective sleeve
- as supporting mesh in furniture
- as protection medium for stacked products
- as a flow bed medium in composite production
- as a supporting net (optionally pleated) of nonwovens in air filters
There are many types of extruded netting with many different structures and in various plastics. Besides PP and PE meshes/nets, Top Zeven also offers a range of extruded PA, EVA, PBT and LDPE meshes/nets.
Wondering what would be the best extruded mesh solution for you? Just contact us and we’ll advice you quickly and free of charge.